Use this sample move out reminder email to tenant as a template for your formal notification.
Sample Move Out Reminder Email to Tenant
Subject: Move Out Reminder
Dear Name of Tenant,
This letter is to inform you that I have received your letter stating your intent to vacate at the end of the current month the apartment that you rent from me. I appreciate that you have given me advanced notice and would like to remind you of the terms and conditions concerning your security deposit that you signed when you began your lease.
As you remember, I took photographs of the apartment as a record of its condition. On the day after you move out, I will return to the apartment and take photos of its current condition. These will help if there is any need to use some or all of your security deposit for repairs.
To leave the apartment in good condition, you should:
• Make sure there are no piles of trash in front of the building on your moving day
• Remove all food, personal belongings and debris
• Clean and defrost the refrigerator and leave it turned off with the door open
• Clean the stovetop, kitchen cabinets, countertops and oven and other appliances
• Clean the shower, toilet and plumbing fixtures
• Make sure all the light bulbs are in working order
• Wash the floor and vacuum the carpet or have it professionally cleaned
• Give me a written report of any damage
• Make sure the doors and windows are locked when you leave
• Give the key to the apartment to the tenant in apartment number one
If the cost of any repairs needs to be taken from the security deposit, I will inform you. Kindly give me an address where I can send the remainder of the deposit. If you have any questions, I can be reached at Name@email.com or at 555-123-4567. I wish you all the best in your new home.
Name of Landlord printed
By Andre Bradley